While most kids are just starting to enjoy their summer breaks, it's time for us to make sure the kids at New Beginnings are prepared for school in the fall!
The first day of school is scary for most kids, and the students at New Beginnings are going back to school with added anxiety and uncertainty. So much has changed since last year, plus they're dealing with the fear, anger, and guilt of having experienced domestic violence.
We need your help to make sure these students have the tools that they need to be successful. We would like to collect all items by Monday, August 10.
- Backpacks: Hello Kitty, unicorns, Frozen, super heroes, Ninja Turtle, Star Wars, Lego, fun prints (polka-dot and floral), plain colors (blue, black, red, or pink), and messenger bags.
- USB (thumb) drives
- 1.5 inch 3-ring binders and zip-up 3-ring binders
- Fine and broad tip markers
- Crayons & colored pencils
- Boxes of No. 2 pencils, mechanical pencils, mechanical pencil No. 2 lead, pencil sharpeners, plastic pencil boxes, and in-binder pencil pouches
- Wide-ruled notebook paper
- Spiral notebooks
- Composition notebooks
- College-ruled notebook paper, spiral notebooks, and composition notebooks
- Pink erasers
- Glue sticks
- Black or blue pens
- Graphing paper
- Two-pocket folders
- 3X5 notecards
- Boxes of tissues
- Gift certificates for back to school outfits & shoes from: Target, Fred Meyer, Foot Locker, Ross, H&M, or PacSun
How to donate
- Host a back to school drive: We'll give you a list of one or more kids by Monday, July 6, and will tell you a bit about each student. You'll be invited to prepare backpacks filled with everything they'll need!
- Shop double when you are buying items on your children’s back to school lists. If they need it - we do too!
- Choose items from our wish list and arrange a drop-off time.
Did you already contribute?
Thank you so much - you're amazing!
Ready to help?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-926-3036.